by Tom Morgan
It took a team with a below .500 record to end Miami's ten-game winning streak Tuesday night.
Kyle Singler scored 18 points to lead seven Detroit players in double figures, Andre Drummond had 18 rebounds and the Pistons beat the Heat 107-97 to snap the Heat's winning streak.
19 Miami turnovers aided the Pistons, who came into the game with a 7-10 record.
The Pistons led by 18 before Miami got within three points in the fourth, but never trailed in the game's final 47 minutes.
LeBron James and Michael Beasley each scored 23 points for Miami.
The Heat played without guard Dwyane Wade, who sat out his fourth game this season because of knee soreness.
In other state sports news...
- Despite career games from Aaron Afflalo and Glen "Big Baby" Davis the Orlando Magic lost to Philadelphia 126-125 in double overtime Tuesday night. Afflalo scored 43 points and Davis tallied 33 for the Magic, who also got a triple-double from rookie guard Victor Oladipo. He had 26 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists. Michael Carter-Williams had 27 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists for the Sixers. The Magic are now 1-7 on the road this season.
- Andre Hollins scored 21 points and Austin Hollins added 16 to lift Minnesota to a 71-61 victory over Florida State in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge Tuesday night. Okaro White and Ian Miller each scored 16 points for the Seminoles. The game featured 57 fouls. But FSU missed 10 free throws and committed 17 turnovers.
- Florida point guard Scottie Wilbekin could miss next week's game against No. 6 Kansas because of a high-ankle sprain. X-rays on Wilbekin's right ankle on Tuesday were negative. The timetable for his return is unknown. Wilbekin rolled his ankle with 3:01 left in Monday night's 65-64 loss at No. 12 Connecticut.
- Pablo Bertone scored a career-high 31 points to lead Florida Atlantic over UCF 75-64. Isaiah Sykes scored a season-high 23 points for the Knights.
- Willie Green scored 18 points as Stetson won its first game of the season, 56-52 over Bethune-Cookman. The Hatters are now 1-9.
- On the NHL scoreboard, Columbus shutout Tampa Bay 1-0 while the Florida Panthers fell to the Ottawa Senators 4-2.
- Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is the Atlantic Coast Conference's rookie of the year and Duke's David Cutcliffe is its coach of the year for the second straight season.FSU and Duke are meeting in Saturday's ACC Championship game in Charlotte.